Friday, January 19, 2007

Bet on Peyton?



As much of a Patriots fan as I am, I happen to think will this be the year for Peyton Manning. (New England clashes with Indy on Sunday for the AFC Championship).

Here's some Captious humor from Boston Sports Media Watch,

Tony Dungy talking about Peyton Manning being compared to Tom Brady:

"I don't know that he'll be judged against Tom Brady," Colts coach Tony Dungy said. "But every quarterback will be judged against Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr and guys who have won Super Bowls.

So did Brady win Super Bowls like Montana, Bradshaw and Starr, or not?








Yes he has, three of them so far, along with two Super Bowl MVP trophies as well.

Do I bet on football?

Not really.

Someone I know once denounced football betting as,

The absurd wagering on armor-clad minorities jostling over an oblong ball...

That is certainly one take on it.

Philosophically, I believe telling man not to gamble is like telling the wind not to blow. Though I have been itching to get involved with Tradesports, sports gambling is not really for me - at least in any meaningful size.

Since I am a professional trader, I get more than my share of personal net worth fluctuations during market hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought you would enjoy this:

http://littledemocrats.net/samples.html

CaptiousNut said...

Holy crap, that's a real book. I just found it on Amazon.