Saturday, August 21, 2010

Inception - A Snoozer!


Three weeks ago, I mentioned in - A Rare Good Flick? - that all the hype surrounding Inception may actually get me out to the theater, something I do only about once every two years or so.

So on a semi-vacation up in Massachusetts this week, with my kids completely outsourced to their grandparents, I did in fact go to see it.

But I fell asleep in the beginning!

Either it was too slow, or I'm just too much of a Napper now. It was so painful fighting to stay awake that I strongly contemplated walking out right off the bat.

I estimate that I missed 15 minutes before mustering up enough consciousness to see if the motion picture lived up to the hype.

I would say that - IT DID NOT.

It wasn't bad by any stretch, but it's clearly overrated - in the category of Gladiator, Old School, and tons of others that have dashed my hopes over the past 1.5 decades.

You see, I loved the movies as a kids.  Nothing was more magical than seeing E.T., Top Gun, Star Wars, Red Dawn, Beaches, and sundry other 80s flicks.  I continually yearn for that same feeling as a movie-going adult but it remains extremely elusive.

No comments: