Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Take That, You Vegan Animal-Idolaters!


Check it out - my BIL just showed me the head of a deer in his trunk.

He slew it this weekend in the Catskills with a bow and arrow from a tree stand.

Be grateful I told you the story instead of him...

Because my BIL's version was a full 25 bleepin' minutes. There's simply no speeding him up - questions and other interjectional ruses only prolong the agony.

Yeah, 25 minutes for *two arrows*!

Here's a little more detail specifically for the animal lovers...

The deer suffered miserably for at least 45 minutes before dying. He was hit in the belly with the first arrow, walked 30 yards and sat down. My BIL thought he missed him. Then after a good 30+ minutes he climbed down the tree, found the deer and fired an arrow through its neck. Even then it took some more time to croak.

14 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

Doe?

Taylor Conant said...

Turns out guns are more humane after all.

CaptiousNut said...

Is it a dude?

I'll change the characterization just in case.

Paul Mitchell said...

A doe having antlers is a rarity.

justin time said...

That's just gross. You could've omitted the pic and left it to my imagination.

C-Nut, how many dead cats do you have in your freezer?

CaptiousNut said...

JT,

I did on purpose - to stir your weak stomach specifically!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your BIL needs a little more practice slinging arrows.

@JT- What's gross about that. It's a deer head and surprisingly the tongue isn't hanging out in the pic which is something most people forget about and there's no blood visible. I'm guessing you've never killed anything you've ever eaten.

CaptiousNut said...

JT,

Click here

Justin Time said...

C-Nut, I'm not gonna click there.

And Anonymous...the year is 2010. I don't have to hunt for my dinner. I can go down to Stop and Shop and buy meat in a convenient foam package without anything looking back at me.

I think it would be a fun experiment to have the trash barrel set up just like that in your kitchen at your next dinner party. Then gauge the reaction of your guests. Gross or No-Big-Deal...

CaptiousNut said...

Yeah, right. You most certainly clicked it!

CaptiousNut said...

Guess what y'all...

My BIL hung the head on my backyard shed to dry out or something.

Stuffing it was going to be $500 so he's just going to keep the skull.

I don't know how this works....does the flesh have to rot off or something?

I do hope it doesn't smell.

At a minimum I'm going to have some fun with it, maybe.

Paul Mitchell said...

It won't smell long at all, it'll dry quickly and crust off.

Well, unless it rains...

CaptiousNut said...

Raining the past 3 days...

Paul Mitchell said...

Not good.