Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Shriveling Down to Nothing - My Downward Weight Spiral


I still feel strong - always have. That statue above looks like me coming home from a bar late at night with a "new acquaintance"....back when I was 22 or so.

Anabolic steroids have nothing on 14 Yuengling Lagers plus hormonal adrenaline...

However...

In 7.5 months of London-living....I've now lost 17 lbs.

Early this morning I weighed in a new all-time(?) low - 159 pounds!

This summer, after my Sicily trip, I gave up carbs and sugar which took me to new weight depths.

But then I experimented with Tim Ferriss' "cheat day". That's one day (Saturday) where I could eat whatever I wanted, and however much of it I wanted.

But that didn't stop me from losing weight.

Then I went back to eating sugar. First a little here and there, and more recently almost back to my usual 1.5 candy bars per night.

Still no weight gain. In fact, I kept losing a little!

Even after adding bread a few times per week....nothing.

Then I stopped working out (down to 2 days per week) AND I stopped my morning protein shakes because the price, ON AMAZON, is $55 per cannister - it's only $22 at supermarkets in NY!

I'm in a downward weight spiral and nothing seems to be able to stop it.

Interesting...

I'm starting to look and feel "runty" and I don't necessarily like that.

Anyone else ever have this problem?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, it's probably nothing, but you should see a doc about that if you have the cash. If not then a CBC and immunoglobulin test are pretty cheap. Especially if you've noticed your appetite waning.

If you are hungry still, maybe a tapeworm?

Or maybe you are just eating under your caloric intake even if it's all sugar.

Best of luck. * Disclaimer I'm not a doctor. Just a passerby who was a bit surprised by your weight loss story.