Wednesday, July 09, 2008

On The Mental Competence of Mrs. C-Nut



Last week, when discussing our upcoming 11 day vacation in Southampton, NY, she inquired,

"You're not going to bring your golf clubs, are you?"

We are leaving tomorrow. The clubs were the first thing put in the trunk of my Chevy Suburban. I hope to play Montauk Downs at least twice this year - but at a minimum, I will hone my masterful swing on the driving range at night.

I play golf every week even when I AM NOT ON VACATION. What the heck is she thinking?

My laptop is also coming. While C-Nut may be on vacation, there will be no vacation from C-Nut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude,
It's not just Mrs. C-Nut.
Let me translate:
She says: You're not bringing your golf clubs, are you?

It means: You won't have time to use them. This is my vacation and you will be taking care of everything to give me a rest.

Really, I'm dismayed that a normally savvy guy like you would not understand this.

Cheers,

Anonymous