Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What Volatility?

Above find yesterday's stock market result.

After a 40 point rise on Friday, I just knew that the UltraShort Finanacials ETF SKF would be volatile.

I bought it at 161.98 and sold it 164.43 on Monday.

Then I jumped in again at 153.82 and let it out at 167.39.

And I bit once again near the close at 152.92.

I also went out long the UltraShort Real Estate ETF SRS at 128.00. It's the first time I've touched that in a while. Remember, after I sold it, it skyrocketed to $295 a mere two weeks ago.

UPDATE - I sold the SKF at 162.90 before the open (Tuesday).


Anonymous said...

If Isreal bombs Iran, how high will DXO go?

CaptiousNut said...

Not sure it would matter too much. I've been hearing about this *threat* for years.

I've guess I've grown deaf to it.

I don't think there are any shorts in crude at the moment. That's certainly not bullish.