Friday, May 15, 2009

Move Rec - Charlie Wilson's War



I give Charlie Wilson's War 3 out of 5 possible stars.

There wasn't much to it; but the film *moved* anyway.

Knowing very little about the history of this battle between Afghani rebels and the USSR, the film served for me as a rough primer. Exactly how factual was the dramatization, I have no idea - nor do I really care.

Charlie Wilson's War sported two, IMNSHO, of the most overrated actors in Hollywood - Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. For the latter, hardly an argument is needed.

But for Hanks, I submit that he transmits a ridiculous persona, almost like a Looney Tune cartoon character. I prefer actors more on the real side.

The end of the movie is marked by a pretty big political insinuation. But what do I know? It may be 100% true. Nobody really cares, especially not weekend chattering movie-goers.

1 comment:

Taylor Conant said...

You watched THIS instead of that Rothbard talk I sent you?!

Enfant terrible.