Friday, May 07, 2010

Sailing Away From Boston



Last weekend, on an unseasonably warm day, I went out on a 34 foot (only 5 yrs old) sailboat. We cruised out around George's Island and whatnot. I'd never been on such an out-sized vehicle before. It had a cabin, all sorts of *technology*, and nice cushioned seats for my poorly-marbled butt.

Can I just say that it was awesome!? Now I can almost see why people drop (150k?) for toys like this.

You know there's almost ZERO reason to ever buy a boat.

Because they are so many boat-people out there who are always in need of passengers. You know they HAVE TO go out every weekend to justify the expense.

As I said to my buddy while intercepting his cash at the convenience store,

"I've got it! I'll pay for the beer and sandwiches....and you pay for the boat."

1 comment:

2005 Pent. POY! = YUP! said...

Dude, I don't even want to talk about my boat...however, I agree, at times there's nothing like it, especially out here in Marina del Rey, there's so much wildlife.