Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Resist Thy Enslavers!


Nice quote here, and definitely something to think about every time you are tempted to linger on a time-wasting website:
Jamie Davidson, a YouTube product manager, says that the 15 minutes of daily viewing by a user typically involves six videos, with the conclusion of each presenting "a decision point, and every decision point is an opportunity to leave. We’re looking at how to push users into passive-consumption mode, a lean-back experience."

1 comment:

Maegan said...

Ok, this is just waaaaay too much for me. It is bad enough I go to You Tube to find songs that I haven't heard in a long time. If they had an option to just let the songs run without me doing anything, I just might be tempted to leave in running while I am doing other things. Who knows how many hours would be wasted stopping to watch a favorite song.