Monday, October 18, 2010

Movie Skip - The Town



It's not the worst movie out there, but I found it just barely above average.

And I probably only liked it a little because I have a good friend in Charleston - a yuppie or *toonie*! - so I'm personally very well-acquainted with the neighborhoods where this motion picture was set.

While the casting was good, in terms of inserting realistic Charlestown Massholes....the plot twists were weak, the gunslinging *fantastic*, and the ending was somewhere between weak and borderline terrible.

Affleck float-out failed, if it was his intention, to create a remotely sympathetic hero.

And if that wasn't in his plans, well, he didn't exactly re-create Scarface either - which, BTW, was one of the more over-rated flicks of all-time.

2 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

Was the gunslinging better than "Heat" or "Ronin"?

CaptiousNut said...

Don't remember the gunslinging in those.

In fact, I don't think I made it through Ronin.