Wednesday, April 24, 2013

iMorons, Multiplying


Hah!

At Easter my 10 year old niece said to me, "Hey you have the same phone I have!"

And she did.

The phone only cost $70....to buy, though.

She had a full data/email plan on it.

I remarked that that cost $30 per month. Figure at least another $10 per month for the phone and this little girl's annual telecommunication budget was pushing $500!

MoneybagsSIL - Oh,...I wouldn't even think about the money.

CaptiousUncle - What if she loses it?

MoneybagsSIL - That's what insurance is for!

So she pays for insurance too.

Of course the other daughter has one as well...

Everyone today is so nuts, retarded, and addicted with their phones, I quite frankly don't know what to do or how to deal with it.  Can we escape Earth somehow?

I mean really, was everyone just as dumb and just as loser-ish before cordless cell phones???




2 comments:

Justin Time said...

I couldn't agree more. I noticed a neighborhood 10 year old just started walking around with a brand new iPhone. Her brother already has one. I assume they are part of a family plan or something. Even if the phones were completely free, the monthly service has got to be around $600 each when you figure in line charges, data plans, texting plans, insurance plans, taxes, etc. And of course you have to factor in the unavoidable iTunes expenditures that go with it...

Anonymous said...

No people weren't dumb and boring, they actually interacted face to face with no lag time.