Saturday, November 01, 2008

On Pushing Back



So one of my wife's friends acquaintances sent her an *Obama button* via Facebook.

Mrs. C-Nut asked me how she should respond.

"Not with a reasoned argument...not intellectually," I advised her.

You can't get into it with Morons. You're never going to change a single Moron's mind - I lectured.

My policy is only to *respond* in group or forum settings. I like to lay people out - to embarrass and hector them only if there's an audience. One-on-one arguing just doesn't bring enough economic scale - enough bang for my buck. Yeah, not long ago I would often attack assorted dingbat friends and family members with facts and impertinent logic. I even naively identified a few whom I thought were disposed to enlightenment and took a more careful tack with them.

Now I'm soooo much wiser. I only engage for my own self-amusement and to mete out justice to big mouths at family dinners and on the web. Note my blog is NOT named Educating Morons!

I said to Mrs. C-Nut, here's your response to that flippant broad:

YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, THIS OBAMA CRAP? If he's elected and passes his higher taxes it will cost our family THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. Is our economic pain such a frivolous subject for you?!?!?!

How about one day when your salary gets cut, or when your husband gets laid off, OR when you lose money say on a real estate investment...how about I start sending you giddy messages?!?!?! How about I tell you that your husband is a bum and PROBABLY DESERVED IT? How about I tell you that you were OVERPAID TO BEGIN WITH? Or that you still have *plenty*?


Devil's Advocate - She'll say if you earn over $250,000 annually you have more than enough money; that you have no right to talk about *economic pain*.

Yeah, and when she says that we say, "EFF YOU".

And we'll definitely come by to express our *best* at their next economic setback. It's all about fairness, right?

Devil's Advocate - Lose a friend over this?

What friend? These people need their BS called on them. They surround themselves with like-minded Morons and act like the business of government and Constitutional rights is but a game without any real world consequences.

Yeah, these clowns don't know what to think. They are alternately rooting for politicians like children for their favorite sports teams, or they're dead serious on the matter.

More accurately, they're just dead wrong and acting against their own self-interest.



Me voting for John McCain?

Hah! No way. Wrong again, Morons. I'll vote libertarian if there's one on the ballot. Or I'll leave it blank.

OR, I'll write in West Coast Tom. Better to have my hand-puppet in the Oval Office than George Soros'!

2 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

They are alternately rooting for politicians like children for their favorite sports teams, or they're dead serious on the matter.

A woman came to work on Wednesday in a blue T-shirt that had "Obama - 08" Emblazoned on the back, like a sports jersey.

I was like, hey, since when are T-shirts work appropriate attire?!

CaptiousNut said...

Those people work?