Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Google Search Suggestions - "How Long..."



I came across the above *suggestions* when googling for "how long does it take to get evicted". (I'm thinking about possibly halting rent payments.)

That array of suggestions is interesting but not at all surprising.

Nobody can remember how long it takes to boil an egg - my wife especially.

Even though she's a great cook, anytime she has to boil eggs (or corn) she leans on a cookbook - which I don't even agree with.

If you want to soft boil eggs:

Put them in cold water, put the burner on high, when it starts to boil (big bubbles breaking the surface), set the timer for 3 minutes. You may have to lower the heat a bit here; but maintain a steady little boil.

When 3 minutes are up, remove the eggs from the water with a spoon - otherwise they will keep cooking.

If you want to hard boil them:

Repeat the above, but let them boil for 4.5 minutes. Cover the pot and leave them in the hot water for a while (5-10 minutes?) to ensure they fully coddle.

As for my landlord....

I'm pretty sure he stopped paying the mortgage. So I ask y'all, why should I keep paying him rent that he's just going to put in his pocket?

He robs the banks; us taxpayers bail them out; us savers get screwed in money markets because the banks need interest margin spread; etc.

I know, I know, I know.

I'd need to donate my rent to *charity* in order to claim the higher ground.

No comments: