SOMEONE within my extended family just had a baby and chose the most God-awful name imaginable. I wish I could spell it out for y'all. Instead, everyone will have to make do with a mere sampling of the reaction I've garnered:
- Not in a million years would I name a kid that. WHY?
- That is what everyone is saying - why, how? It sounds perverted in some way to me.
- Poor kid. You almost feel sorry for the little guy, as like you say people will ask why, who, whatever...
- I know - poor kid - people are getting really crazy with their made up names these days.
- I think the grandparents should get together and talk to them about it - I mean he will get made fun of to no end.
- No kidding. I just do not understand why people do that. They think it is cute or something.
- Total a$$holes....
- I'm going to be nonjudgmental on this one....I think they got the idea from "One life to Live".
- Seriously...."cool" nicknames are one thing but what they did is selfish, bordering on abusive.
- I keep reading this and getting more and more pissed off.
- Classic….the kid better learn karate.
- Usually parental mistakes happen a little later….not right at birth.
The last one was my favorite reaction because it came from an *expert* - a parent of a teenager who could easily write the "How to" manual on parental mistakes!
After I emailed my brother the *name announcement* he instantly called me on the phone from overseas. For a day or so he was downright convinced that I was messing with him. "No, seriously, what's the name," he kept pestering me with.
Now remember, this is just a fraction of the feedback I've gotten; it's only what was in my email inbox. The verbal reactions were pretty much unanimous in declaiming it the *worst* name anyone's ever heard.
AND my son, my 4.6 year old son went into hysterics when I told him the baby's name. In between belly-aching laughs he declared, "THAT'S NOT A NAME!!!"
Again, sorry I can't divulge the actual moniker on this blog.
Trust me, this name is absolutely terrible. And consider the one commenter above who said the name sounded *perverted*.
Well, I just googled the name and discovered that the first/middle name inverted is in fact the name of a male p0rn star.
So the middle-aged woman who offered up that comparison just inadvertently admitted to having somewhat of a naughty streak in her!
And the poor kid has to bear that stigma on top of just having a made-up, ridiculous name.
Recently I personally broke through in the baby name department.
And I also blogged a bit on kids' names in - New Parent Empricism.