Monday, July 05, 2010

Deep Fried Wallet


I was out at the Southampton Fire Department's 4th of July Carnival this weekend.

My wife and I had four kids with us. One hour later we were down $90. It was time to go.

For example, my kids, ages 5 and 4, went around on some little creaky train ride - six laps cost me a quick $8.

The only value in the entire carnival was to be found in $4 Budweiser drafts...

Though I did make one nice discovery - Fried Oreos.

I had never even heard of them before. My unworldly nephew told me that they were *Middle America*. Where'd he get that from? They are simply Oreos dipped in that same fried dough batter, deep-fried, and served with powdered sugar.

They were so good, and I'm not even much of an Oreo fan, that I spent $15 out of that $90 on 1.5 dozen of them!

No comments: