First, read yesterday's installment.
As of now, I'm still heading to court.
Though it seemed like my broke-a$$ landlord was willing to swallow his pride and drop the eviction proceeding to avoid my threatened counter-suit, today he relapsed into his Moronic self. Here's what he sent me this morning:
PLEASE HERE IS THE FINAL AGREEMENT YOU REQUESTED:
WE, ALL OF THE PARTIES AGREE TO DISMISS THIS CASE WITHOUT PREJUDICE
THE PARTIES AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING
1) THE TENANTS AGREE TO DROP OFF A CHECK FOR $2500.00 TODAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2010 BEFORE 5PM FOR FEBRUARY 1 PAYMNET
2) THE TENANTS AGREE TO HAVE THE LANDLORD USE THEIR $2500.00 SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR JANUARY 1 PAYMENT
3) THE TENANTS WILL ALLOW THE LANDLORD TO SHOW THE HOUSE FOR SALE WITHIN 24 HOUR NOTICE
4) THE TENANTS WILL ALLOW TE LANDLORD TO HAVE OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY BETWEEN 12PM TO 3PM
5) THE TENANTS WILL ALLOW THE LANDLORD TO INSPECT THE TOILET FOR ANY POSSIBLE DEFECT
6) THE TENANTS WILL GIVE NOTICE TO LANDLORD FOR THEIR DURATION AT THE PREMISES
Did y'all catch that?
He somehow thinks that he's in a position to demand concessions!
The friggin' clown is GIVING ME a *deadline*???
He wants ME to allow him 3 hour-long *open houses* on weekends??? Recall that's so he can attempt a fraudulent short sale. See - Landlord Lockdown.
I emailed him back saying that I would only agree to 1) and 2) - that we'd pay February today, and that January would be considered paid via our *security deposit*. Everything else, as far as allowing him to show the house, was already covered in the lease.
You see, he's trying to add provisions (e.g. *open houses*) to our lease. He's trying to get us to give him something with nothing in return. Sure, you can have open houses, but you're going to have to lower our rent or something. If you want us out, give us the 60 day notice delineated in the contract. A signed lease is a signed lease. Now if I have to go to court on Thursday, I'll just bring this proposal of his as FURTHER EVIDENCE of his illegal harassment. My rent is current so he's technically threatening me with *court* if I don't accede to *open houses*. I don't think a judge will look kindly upon that, or the rest of my grievances. He's just SO DARNED DUMB; he's inestimably DUMB!
We never heard back after my email and his dramatic *deadline* passed quietly.
By Monday morning I have to respond to the Court.