Friday, February 27, 2009

Intraday Trades - February 27th, 2009



I let out my entire tripled-up position in FAZ this morning. I sold it at 62.11 in the pre-market. I did quite well in that thing on my first foray!

Note that one could have bought all the FAZ they wanted at 50.00 or even 48.00 the past two days.

I also sold some of my Ultrashort Long Term Treasury position. I let out TBT at 48.30 just now. That closes out the additional buys I made at 42.58 and 44.62 back in early December. Effectively it was a 28% reduction in my position.

So what am I looking to do the rest of the day?

Lie in wait. Today feels like the market could move big either way. Naturally I would prefer a big rally that I could short into.

For background, visit my previous trading post - Markets Teetering - Or Bear Trap?.

2 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

I think I'm watching this the same way you are right now, hopefully I won't be accused to piggy-backing this time though.

Burned twice on that SWC, don't know if I have the balls to come back in. The weakness in gold is worrying me a bit.

CaptiousNut said...

Weakness in gold, weakness in autos, weakness in durable goods, weakness in financials, weakness in real estate,...