Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Day - Another Pagan Holiday


So what in heaven's name are we to make of Taylor's personalized valentines?

What a ridiculous holiday Valentines Day is!

I submit that spinsters shouldn't have a *special day*. They're entitled to nothin' until they're married.

One of the funnier sights I ever saw was at least ten years ago at the CVS on 20th and Chestnut in Philadelphia. It had to be 8am on V-Day morning and the card section was mobbed. There were at least 20 slacker dudes (no chicks!) there mining for the perfect card to sub-in for a presumable lack of gifts. I'll bet half of them wrote-in a *coupon* for a massage on the $3 cardboard expression of passionate love!

In fact, I recognized one of the romantics there as the boyfriend of a young lady I once very much fancied.

The next time I saw her, I promptly ratted his tardy butt out!

Full Disclosure - I wasn't at CVS that early buying a card....I was buying personal lubricant.

I'll bet Mrs. C-Nut buys me nothing this year, yet again.

2 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

I shudder to think of how "old" I was when I made the decision to allow my image to be exploited for commercial gain.

CaptiousNut said...

You don't have the stones to put your midriff as your profile pic!