Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Still Undefeated In Staredowns!



Ever since Labor Day, I haven't uttered a word to my landlord. Back then he pissed me off and we had it out pretty loudly. Of course, he was dead wrong and quite lucky that I didn't open up a can of whoop-ass on him (though he benches like 350 lbs).

So yesterday, he waved hello to me while I was shoveling snow and I did my best to ignore him. Then he approached me to *apologize* without really admitting any blame. Well he did admit some, implying that his personal financial woes (read: upside-down on 4 homes, no income, and no cash) made him act in a way that he shouldn't have. And then he qualified it by suggesting that maybe I was *in a bad place* at the time as well. [I certainly wasn't. I was SHORT!]

Whatever.

EmptyHeadLandlord - I see your wife all the time....I see your kids....I see you all the time and don't want to have all this negativity.

And he stretched out his hand, which I shook, while I crossed the fingers of my other hand behind my back.

Here's ALL that I said throughout this 3 minute *conversation*:

CaptiousNut - It's good that you want to apologize, but I want to keep things the way they are. You continue to talk only to my wife and we'll maintain a strict professional relationship.

He lingered, repeated himself, suggesting he was on some *make amends* therapy and forced me to shake his hand again.

I was as uncordial as I could be and would say that I basically didn't accept his apology - why would I? You can't let people off that easy. What he did, without going into detail, was pretty darn bad.

Essentially what happened was this - he tried to stay pissed off at me but couldn't outlast the maestro. He, like many of my fellow pit traders, out-of-line family members, and other assorted Morons found out he was way over-matched in a war of wills. He blinked first.

Y'all should be aware that I can hold grudges, effortlessly, for decades - five months is nothing. Wow. That went by fast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C-Nut,

Karma can be a funny thing. I don't know what happened between you, but life is to short. Let bygones be bygones and let it go. Wave to the guy once in a while, it ain't going to kill you.

Kfell

CaptiousNut said...

Kfell,

The guy stole 5k from me - on top of many other little things.