Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Blog Will Chisel Your Mind

Twice now in the past 2 months or so I have met individuals who've completed the P90X regimen. You may recognize it from the nighttime infomercials:



Both guys were quite happy and quite transformed by the product.

P90X is obviously the antithesis of these other fitness programs. Unlike products like the *Ab Lounge*, this one promises to whip your butt.

I have to admit that I an fascinated by infomercials. I watch them all the time. I find the marketing, the new *sells* very interesting.

Though only twice have I ever bought anything. I bought the some *ab wheel* about 10 years ago (It hurt my back too much). And I also bought the Bean so I could do back-supported crunches. The Bean lasted, and got used, for a couple of years. It recently went flat and I moved on to yoga and Hip Hop Abs.

The yoga has been great - read my prior post On Yoga.

But now I might modify my workout a bit. I think I am going to give Yoga Booty Ballet a try!



One note - they ought to make *new moms* off-limits from infomercial testimonials. No matter what they do, even if it's *nothing*, these women are going to lose a lot of weight after they have newborns. That is....so long as they don't get pregnant again.

No comments: