Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On Wage Slavery



It hit me the other day that the best, the absolute most perfect image of the *wage slave* is that dude/chick you see during rush hour scratching lottery tickets on their steering wheel!

Funny, a little bit dangerous,....



....and kind of sad.

Not for anything, but some of my best friends are *wage slaves*.

Heck, Mrs. C-Nut is one and she'll stay that way until I ever decipher the vagaries of stock market gyrations, prostitute my ravishing bod for its full marketable value, or develop some other income stream.









Y'all realize that lottery tickets and the like are a voluntary, regressive tax, right?

In this day and age, there really shouldn't be any shock that a pol who co-opted *hope* was just elected President.

Just for kicks, ask the cashier at a convenience store, bodega, gas station, or packy if customers, "spend a lot on scratch tickets".

5 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

Here's my emotional, mock-fascist reaction to this one for the day: how about when someone walks in to a shop to purchase a scratcher they're just immeadiately blown away instead?

JReality said...

You could always get rich by following this guys trades (assuming he's for real):

http://xpositions.blogspot.com/

CaptiousNut said...

Jreality,

Thanks for that link. I bought FAS 50 cents cheaper than him yesterday!

Though, I admit I bought a few less than 5,000 shares.

JReality said...

Captious,

Good luck with the FAS trade.

BTW, all the trades at XPositions are said to have been made by a trader named Sol. Him and another trader are both on XTrends.blogspot.com, which is their main website.

The other trader is named Atilla M. Demiray. I think Atilla is a more controversial trader. He thinks he is going to be in the next revision of Market Wizards, and has a big ego, but he often stomachs some very bad drawdowns. He sometimes makes eerily spot-on calls but sometimes is way off. Sol is appears to be more of a shorter-term trader than Atilla.

I don't follow either one (or I'd be rich by now), but if given a choice it probably would be Sol.

Wish I had the guts to Sol's position sizes, but I doubt I'd be able to sleep at night, even if my trading account size was large enough to be able to do so.

CaptiousNut said...

I meant FAZ - the triple short.

JReality,

Yeah, I perused that site a bit. I'm going to highlight it in a post of my own.