Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Another Long-Awaited Post



My 2.96 year old daughter has been potty trained for almost two months now. Because of possible *retrogression*, this is precisely the kind of boastful post that has to be published belatedly.

So my 4.5 year run of diaper changing comes to cheerful close. I just don't get these people that want to spread their kids out. Don't they understand that they'll be cleaning up *poop explosions* for upwards of 10 years???!!!

Our two children are 19 months apart. I wanted them closer but the wife....ran from me. Nowadays, it's ridiculous but people actually consider such an interval *Irish twins*. My mother had four within five years - which used to be the norm.

Growing up, there were two girls in my grade that were sisters, born nine months apart! [Obviously, that was before the Sept 1st cutoff Nazi's came to power in government schools.]

So I figure I've got the next 10 years off, until I have to start wiping my father's hiney. That's a frightful though to put it mildly. The man is a walking biohazard. If only I could enter him in a competition....

5 comments:

Funny Circus Bears said...

My kids were 16 months and 21 months apart. I'll be damned if I was going to be dealing with a high schooler in my house when I was 50!

CaptiousNut said...

They still have boarding schools, no?

Funny Circus Bears said...

Damn straight they do. Plus I happen to believe in late stage abortion - until the child's 18th birthday.

CaptiousNut said...

I'm optimistic about the teen years.

Then my brood can lighten my workload substantially.

They can even help with the bills.

Funny Circus Bears said...

We were ALL optimistic at your stage in the cycle of life.