Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Indian Nightmare



We all have recurring nightmares and frustration dreams.

The one that hit me last night, yet again, is this:

I'm en route to some wedding in India. At the airport, or on the airplane, EVERY SINGLE TIME, I realize that I am without my passport or something.

So here I am, unable to run back and get it....OR, on a 17 hour (?) flight to a foreign country that's going to make me linger in a customs office or whatnot until my return trip!

That's where I wake up in a heated sweat.

This frustration dream has been torturing me literally for years.

I can't effin shake it!

Now, I've never been anywhere near India and I only have one good Indian friend these days - and he got married in Puerto Rico.

So where the heck is this coming from?

By the way, I still had those *didn't study for a test*, *didn't show up for a class all semester*, and *miscounted the number of credits I need to graduate* frustration dreams for a good ten years after I was released from factory schooling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall a while back you posting about how your experience with blogging has helped you develop your intellect and creativity, among other good things. In one post (maybe it was the same post) you wrote that you were able to brainstorm a ton of good blog topics that you could come back to and that you were able to do it in a timely manner - in a matter of minutes, I believe.

Well, what are you waiting for? This is what we get? Surely, this is not one of the "good" ones...

aupanner

Anonymous said...

This means you're a closet homosexual.

CaptiousNut said...

I don't think, in this day and age, there's anyone left in the *closet*.