Friday, June 12, 2009

My New Problem



Just as we did last year, we are turning our daughter's birthday party this week into a combo adult affair. So we don't really mind making it big and expensive ($900 so far).

But we expected a bunch of *NO's* and received almost nil. WTBleep!

So we're faced with prospect of 70 hungry mouths (40 adults and 30 kids) on Sunday. All week I was rooting for *rain*, but not now that all that perishable food is in my fridge!

We haven't done a party this big yet, but should be up to the task. By the way, we do not *outsource* any cooking, ever. And maybe that's why everyone always says *yes*? I generally skip kids' birthday parties - not just because I am off duty on the weekends, but because most of them are *kids* parties, i.e. no alcohol. Anyway, my wife says they are all the same....ordered pizza - which always threatens her *points* counting.

I've learned the hard way not to do burgers. Too many of them on my grill and it flares up uncontrollably. We also try to pick dishes that can be pre-made. Maybe I'll post the whole menu after the affair.

So posting will be light for the next few days while I wrestle with my newfound problem - popularity.

Sure, go ahead and conjecture amongst yourselves that the real draw is my wife, or our cooking....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite.

-PC

west coast party monger said...

+1 on the invite.

CaptiousNut said...

Neighborhood people only. No college friends there either. Family wasn't really invited - though some did seriously invite themselves....and then not show up.