Saturday, April 04, 2009

Bar Talk

So I got this text message yesterday at 5:36 PM from a buddy who was in Detroit for the Final Four:

I am talking to iverson at the bar right now, he is drinking corona!!


So why was this joker drinking at that time, during the final stretch of the season?

I chuckled and wasn't surprised a bit. When I lived in Philly, AI was a daily fixture at the bar at TGIFs - the one on Cityline Ave if I remember correctly. Once there his posse tried to pick up this really obese girl I knew - when her husband went to the bathroom. They told her that Allen really wanted to meet her.

Yeah, right. Those scrubs were the ones interested....

A couple hours later, I got a another text saying that AI was still there - and he was throwing them back.

Then I went home and learned why:



So at least this one time anyway, the gangsta had a legit excuse.

By the way, this buddy of mine goes to the Final Four every single year, and occasionally the Superbowl. Tough life he has, no?

No comments: