Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Socialization - Lesson 1



I submit that amongst humans:

Lemma - You don't want to be anybody's ONLY FRIEND.

These relationships never end well. A *lack of friends* always implies that something is awry - and it's only a matter of time before discovery.

Also along these lines:

Lemma - Beware of the female that has no female friends.

All of us neanderthals can appreciate the chick who's into football, drinking beer, poker, farting, around whom we generally don't have to modify our behavior...

BUT, as far as longer term, relationshippy stuff goes, in my experience a woman who can't get along with her catty gender-mates always turns out to be a bit of a whack-a-doo.

Since mass government schooling has anti-socialized most of y'all, some irreparably, I've taken it upon myself to commence socialization lessons - even if I have....like no friends myself!

But seriously, this is no joke. I could teach my kids all about history, trigonometry, and entrepreneurialism.....but if they end up smitten and married to the wrong people, their lives will surely be ruined. We've all seen it too many times, right?

Who amongst y'all has ever researched *socialization*? Or, more to the point, studied the course of your own social lives?

When it's all said and done, with whom we chose to associate with will have played a major role in our life's legacy on this overheated planet.

This facet of our lives most certainly merits serious contemplation and analysis.

7 comments:

Funny Circus Bears said...

Marrying right is the most important decision a person will make in their lifetime.

Anonymous said...

Agreed with FCB.

Slow out

CaptiousNut said...

Yeah, and Mrs. C-Nut really knocked the cover off the ball on that decision....

Anonymous said...

Jah, as long as you can keep snowing her on the FAZ position(s).

Funny Circus Bears said...

Can't say I've met many girls that like to fart and talk about sports, but I will say this: Being a Dad to three girls has two effects - it makes you develope an appreciation for female nuances...and completely destroys any sense of mystery you ever harbored about girls.

CaptiousNut said...

Every time I think I've solved the *mystery*, the plot thickens.

DB said...

So that's what those little thong things are for!