Sunday, April 19, 2009

Marginalizing Animals



Animals, animals, animals...

Seemingly all these schools and pre-schools push are turtles, bunny rabbits, and lions.

I'm sick of it. Why should I send my son to an entire museum class on frogs? Why does his twice-a-week preschool keep making *crafts* of dinosaurs and turkeys?

My wife told me to settle down.

But here's my most trenchant argument.

The problem with this line of *education* is two-fold:

1) The animal focus comes as a backdoor into pagan Earth worship - aka *environmentalism*. Introduce them to Father Earth and they'll fall in love with it - or so the rationale must be.

2) The animal fetish is another base *infantilization* of the curriculum. They think the children so childish that all they can come up with for study are whales, insects, and furry creatures.

Elaborating, these *schools* could just as easily do a fun and edifying class on say *how a car works* or *running a lemonade stand*....but they refrain.

And if it's not animals it's *plants* - pussy willows and foliage....another dumbed-down backdoor into you-know-what.

Education ought to minimally be about life preparation. I want to ask y'all how integral, how valuable knowledge of reptile/amphibian distinctions has been in the course of your sad existences?

I really, really, wish I had learned about lemonade stands at a tender young age. See my classic post - Sheep To Slaughter.

Politicians with a smattering of brains and an iota of integrity are a full-fledged ENDANGERED SPECIES whose extinction we should all be scared to death of!

Meanwhile, elites want your kid losing sleep about the spotted owl and *climate change*....lest your kids otherwise find out how to design an engine, become an entrepreneur, or learn to think independently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can teaching be a profession? Stagnation is the inevitable result and, for that matter, not a bad perjorative term to describe the United States of America.