Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Trades - April 1st, 2009




Got pretty frustrated today. Even though I have been saying since the initial squeeze two weeks ago that it would take at least 4 weeks for the market resume its toilet spiral, I had a sneaking suspicion that it may come sooner.

Today's rally disabused me of all delusional suspicion and all hope. It'll be another week or two, or three.

Look at my CDE anyway (on graphic)!

I bought it at .75 on February 17th. Though I wish I bought a whole lot more....

Made no trades today. Tomorrow, if this crappy market continues to rally I may add more short ETFs in my retirement accounts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

500 points up tomorrow. I heard it on CNBC from a very credible man.

Better hope you can tolerate being in the red for months. 'Cuz that's how long it will take for your positions to recover.

Trying to mimic Atilla will get your shorts roasted. He always seems to come out ahead with every trade while the rest of us get it up the arse.

CaptiousNut said...

That may very well happen. I've seen stranger things.

However, the idea that I mimic Atilla is misbegotten.

I've been trading for 13.25 years. I only heard of Atilla a month or two ago.

Where did you get that I was *in the red*?

I'm not. Yes, I've given up half my gains for the year. But that still leaves the other half in my account - for the time being.

Taylor Conant said...

C,

I think Anon meant for ME to read that comment, not you. I'm heavily in the red and am guilty of trying to *ape* Atilla (cue monkey screeching).

FML!