Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Reason #1 To Homeschool



Tomorrow morning I will rouse the brood and toss them in the car. We'll be driving down to Florida for the next month+.

Hopefully we will secure a place in a good area of North Naples. But as of yet I can't find anything to rent! (May have to settle for Fort Meyers.)

Regardless, I'm still going to hit the road first thing tomorrow and just figure it out later.

February is a better month for weather AND a better month for my wife - whose lighter work schedule will allow her to spend 2 full weeks with us.

And for the record, I don't understand the appeal of inorganic breakfast places like Waffle House, IHOP, or Cracker Barrel.

I think their *fans* are really just incompetent, obese people who wake up starving but can't cook!

I mean breakfast is the simplest and cheapest meal to prepare at home...

4 comments:

Paul Mitchell said...

I know in Mississippi that Waffle House self-insures so theirs is almost the only "restaurant" on the beach.

kevin said...

If you cannot land a spot in Naples try Fort Meyers Beach ... next door to Fort Meyers but better. My parents used to go there for the winter. The beach was great and the farther you get from the bridge into town the less congested the area. The one drawback if you go out to eat at night to any of the better spots you will need to get in line with your favorite old coots for the early bird special or wait until 7pm for the crowds to thin out.

CaptiousNut said...

PM,

I don't get it.

kev,

It is indeed on my horizon - though my buddy in Naples is trying to talk me out of it.

I think I'd rather be there than way down south, on or near Marco Island. Would like to stay near the airport for when my wife is shuttling back and forth.

Paul Mitchell said...

Waffle House does not buy insurance from anyone, so they are not required to apply for the wind pool. They can build anywhere they want in that case.