Friday, August 29, 2008

Homebuying Radar - Florida



My NaplesRealEstateGuy just sent me this listing pictured above.

It's 173 Skipping Stone Lane in Naples, Florida. Map

The house is six years old, 3,215 square feet, 5 bedrooms & 3 baths, and not too far from I-75 and Route 951 - Collier Blvd.

It's currently listed at $321,900 by some bank, i.e. it's another foreclosure. Curiously, it looks like it sold only 3 months ago for $432,000. Here's its price and sale history below, as indicated by the dark blue line:



The dollar signs indicate "sales". This house demonstrates that, broadly speaking, housing is back to 2002-2003 prices - just as the blogosphere has been reporting. Note that some poor soul paid over 500k for this abode less than 1.5 years ago.

I have jokingly remarked to my buddy that I will probably buy down in Florida before I buy a house up in the Northeast.

My bid is $250,000 for this home. And I should very well get it (or a near facsimile in these developments) when mortgage rates hit 8%.

Though, who really wants a house that has been sold 5 times in six years?

There's got to be at least a curse on it if nothing else!

No comments: