Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sick Of/From School


Guess what...

Now that winter is definitely over (was 80 degrees today!) I can do this post without knocking on wood.

My little ones, ages 4 and 6, were not ill for even a second this winter - NOT A SECOND.

Sure we got out of the cold and into fresher air during our 6 weeks down in Florida.

But I submit that being *homeschooled* probably played a larger role in their health.

Ignorance is hardly the only communicable disease transmitted at government schools!

I myself only had the sniffles for about 36 hours this cold/flu season - AND I think that may have been related to allergies as it was pretty recent.

Skipping traditional *school*...it's greener, healthier, more effective, strengthens the family, it's better life prep, etc.

How many reasons do people need?

Tim Ferriss made a great remark in that video I posted the other day.

He said that it's very difficult to reason people out of things that they never reasoned themselves into in the first place.

After all, the main reason - if we can call it that - people send their precious children to school is cultural inertia.

1 comment:

noon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.