Did y'all know that the world was going to end on May 21st, 2011?
Well the world isn't really ending, but on that date somehow Jesus will be returning to Earth according to one 'popular' guy I recently heard on the radio.
Here is his reasoning:
A commonly cited proof in favor of the May 21st date is:According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".If that's true I'm going to have to do my best presentation and hope for *partial credit*.
- Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
- If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
- The time between April 1 and May 21st is 51 days.
- 51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
Thus, Camping concludes that 5 x 10 x 17 is telling us a "story from the time Christ made payment for our sins until we're completely saved."
- (5 x 10 x 17)2 or (atonement x completeness x heaven)2 also equals 722,500.
But realize that if Jesus does return to Earth in about 6 weeks....then some of y'all are REALLY SCREWED!!!