Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One Crazy Homeschooling Broad


Okay my cousin - no, not the latent invert - just sent me a blog post to read titled:

Career Ruin: Homeschooling.

Click the link and check it out.

I don't know that this woman is crazy but she comes off as such anyway.

I mean - she's a purported homeschooling advocate and yet she paints homeschooling as a *career ruin*???

Perhaps she's one of those manipulators who chooses provocative headlines simply to get more hits and more of a reaction a la Tim Ferriss?

Well it works. There are a whopping 250 comments on that post as of now. (And she has an enviable 60k subscribers too. Why?)

Okay I just realized that I linked to this fulminating chick before - in a post where she slams wonder-kid Tim Ferris. How's that for irony?

I just read a couple more of her screaming posts and think I've got her figured out. She's what this gambling, drug-addicted, 3-toothed, South Philly golf jabroni of mine referred to back in the mid-90s as a *Hillary*. (To me he once said, "I'll bet you've got a whole lot of dem dare[sic] Hillary's at UPenn...")

In her divorce (surprised?) post, Penelope self-diagnoses and agrees:


Anyway, during the time between crying and deciding that I'm the queen of resiliency, I stumbled across this information about my Myers Briggs type: ENTJ. There are sixteen personality types. ENTJs make up 4% of the general population and 80% of the population of executives.


Here's the news about ENTJs in a marriage:


"Gender issues are especially significant for ENTJ females. As a type, their arrogant, confrontational manner and need for control can appear to be quite 'unwomanly' to others. Of course, the problem intensifies for the ENTJ female when dealing with men. Their demanding, objective, competent, and independent nature is not particularly endearing to most men."

People tell me all the time they admire the *sacrifice* my wife and I make to educate our children outside the system. I don't really respond to this but if I did I would say, "YOU are the one making the sacrifice, not us."

Will homeschooling ruin your career? Sure, in many ways it will derail and retard climbing the ladder of work success.

But you'll GAIN so much more: a stronger family, better education, better socialization(!), etc....winters in sunny Florida!

I'm not entirely sure why Penelope Trunk homeschools her kids. I have my formidable hunches but would have to read some more for corroboration.

I just don't think I can bear any more of her grating vitriol at this time...

Alright one more....check out this crass post of hers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is a new trend going on amongst bloggers "sensationalism" or maybe "blogtainment" - no blogpost is made without a controlversial title or sensational straight talk.

That altucher guy is one good example. I am sure he spread his "blog success" to several of his ardent followers.

I cant believe half what penelope writes. I am sure there is exaggeration at the minimum to downright lies.

Laura said...

I'm sure she did it for all the blog hits. Maybe my next post should be titled, "Smacking Babies Is Fun."

CaptiousNut said...

Laura,

She's seems dissatisfied with everyone and everything in life....almost like she homeschools exclusively for negative reasons ("the schools suck").

So I guess it's no surprise that she rails on about what she sees as a downside of homeschooling ("career ruin").

I do think her headline was honest.

Anon,

I still haven't taken more than a glance at the altucher guy. Someone (you?) pointed him out before too.

I've done enough research for the time being on others. Now I have to focus on myself.