Friday, November 11, 2011

Nut Family - Youngest Bloggers AND Oldest Pilots!

This headline/article hit the wires recently:


But guess what...

My grandfather was a pilot in the Polish Air Force too...

He escaped Hitler and made his way to England as well...

And he turned 98 just the other day!

So he's older than that gentleman (the *oldest*) that just passed away.

The difference is that my grandfather didn't actually fly combat missions in England. I'm not sure why but I do know there was a shortage of planes and other supply issues.

If he HAD FLOWN, there's a good chance he might not have made it, met my British grandmother, had the child that is my mother, etc.

But betting against his indefatigable man, over all these years, would have been unsavvy to put it mildly.

He's 98 today, still lives at home, has held off skin cancer for years with his herbal remedies, takes care of himself and gets about fairly well, and still can beat me at chess despite impaired vision...

For more on these Polish pilots that *saved* Britain see my book rec and post from nearly 6.5 years ago - Poland and FDR's Depraved Indifference.

No comments: