Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Turning Off The Radio Now


"Dad, what's alien sex?"

Yeah, that's what my daughter asked me from the backseat of the car a few months ago.

Here are some of the lyrics:

Boy, you're an alien
Your touch so foreign
It's supernatural
Extraterrestrial

Your so supersonic
Wanna feel your powers
Stun me with your lasers
Your kiss is cosmic
Every move is magic

Your from a whole other world
A different dimension
You open my eyes
And I'm ready to go
Lead me into the light

Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
Infect me with your love and
Fill me with your poison

Take me, ta-ta-take me
Wanna be a victim
Ready for abduction

Boy, you're an alien
Your touch so foreign
It's supernatural
Extraterrestrial

[Kanye West]
I know a bar out in Mars
Where they driving spaceships instead of cars
Cop a Prada spacesuit about the stars
Getting stupid ass straight out the jar
Pockets on Shrek, Rockets on deck
Tell me what's next, alien sex
I'ma disrobe you, than I'mma probe you
See I abducted you, so I tell ya what to do
I tell ya what to do, what to do, what to do

[Katy Perry]
Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
Infect me with your love and
Fill me with your poison

Take me, ta-ta-take me
Wanna be a victim
Ready for abduction

Boy, you're an alien
Your touch so foreign
It's supernatural
Extraterrestrial
There's no doubt that skanky broad - Katy Perry - can sing and perform...

But her *content* is a little over-the-top, don't ya think?

I mean she explicitly tells young girls to put on skin-tight jeans, let boys touch them, and to *go all the way*. Freakin' five year-old girls listen to Katy Perry!

In some screwed up way it'd be pure justice one day for Katy to catch her 11 year old daughter servicing some dude...

Of course it's all trash on the radio these days - so I've just about removed it completely from our family car riding.

Classical music elicits complaints (plus it puts me to sleep at the wheel!) so pretty much all we listen to is a lone Christian music radio station. Though generally I keep it low and the kids do their *work* in the backseat. For all intents and purposes those car-seats are their DESKS.

I do wish I could figure out a better system for listening to audio books in the car.

They come in too many disks; we'll stop in-between tracks; and then my kids want to listen to the rest in the house. It quite frankly is a real pain in the butt moving disks back and forth. It's a shame I can't download reasonably-priced audio books straight to the AM/FM car stereo!

No comments: