Saturday, November 05, 2011

Tony Robbins - Review


Alright it took longer than I thought, but I finally finished self-help guru Tony Robbins' book - Awaken The Giant Within.

It was definitely good and worthwhile reading.

While I didn't take any notes I can share, I did take away several key ideas from this book.

I would say that the subtitle of the book captures its essence - *How to take immediate control of your mental, emotional, physical, and financial destiny!*.

Tony breaks down the mental processes which Earthlings use to determine their feelings, actions, etc.

The main lesson/message is that each one of us is indeed capable of fully controlling how we are going to react to the poop that life tosses our way.

It's not just some cheesy *look on the brightside* tripe either.

So it you are into self-improvement and appreciate the transformative power introspection I'd recommend you give Robbins a look. I'm sure your local government library has his books.

See also - Up Sheep-Creek Without A Paddle.

2 comments:

DA said...

My cousin went through AA. Step One is to admit that you're powerless to control your addiction and need a Higher Power for help.

Totally, respectfully disagree. Each person has power to change. We all have numerous hurdles to clear to get to the point of making a cold, calculated choice to do something new.

But all of us have that power.

Wow. Entirely too seriously for a Sunday. Sorry 'bout that, C.

DA

CaptiousNut said...

Haha.

Google put your comment in the *spam* can.

I resurrected it just now.

But my policy is that I don't have to respond to spammers!!!

Kidding, of course.

There's plenty to chew on in this book - plenty to ignore too. I just take what I need and move on. I'm certainly not putting Robbins on a pedestal or calling his shtick *gospel*.

Tony Robbins is Christian-lite, sort of like Joel Osteen.