Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Citizens Should Be INSPECTING The State!!!



It seems like all I do is get my vehicles inspected.

Every time I turn around one of them is due for either an inspection or an emissions test. Here in the eco-pagan CommiWealth of Massachusetts cars must have their emissions tested every two years.

Just the other day I brought my car in for an oil change and the mechanic hollered out that my sticker expired last month. I seriously would have driven around for months if he (or a cop) hadn't notified me.

It's a complete joke that every car in the State has to be inspected so often. Furthermore, the grease monkey (offensive?) also informed me that Massachusetts was going to start requiring the emissions test EVERY SINGLE YEAR from now on. Great.

He told me they were doing it so, "They can get more Federal money..."

Whatver.

This reminds me of Mitt Romney's universal health coverage mandate. Allegedly, the reason for that initiative was to get the uninsured rate down in order to acquire, also, more Federal (Medicare) monies.

To say that our *systems* have set up convoluted incentives would be an understatement.

Even worse than the incentives are the *solutions*. See the nationalization of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

No comments: