Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Still Breathing



The video above is pretty cool.  Unreal dancing!

Apparently the song - which I hear on the radio these days - is 3.5 years old!

Here's the new version:



So what have y'all been doing since I checked out of this blog?

Just watching the financial bubble and the tyranny of American gov't expand, I guess.

There's nothing for an individual to do really. I mean watching and reading other angry people talk about it is a waste of precious time.

Over the last 12 months I've been teaching and tutoring math a lot. Basically Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays on top of occasional weekday nights.

So I'm homeschooling educating my own kids outside the system all week long and then teaching in all my scant spare time on top of it!

Not only have I had no time to blog here on Morons, I've had little time to work on HomeschoolDad.com or, more importantly, the larger scale infoproducts I've been trying to put together.

But I have managed to put out two small ebooks on Kindle - and I'm just about ready to publish another ("Hard SAT Math") which has more potential than the first two.

This week both kids are at camp(day) so I finally have some uninterrupted PC time. The Princess is at a multi-sport camp (only $100 per day!) and the Prince is at a chess camp.

Interestingly, I found the chess camp because some random guy came up to me at a chess tournament and said he recognized my son from the internet - probably from this video.

Anyway the guy was very impressed with my son's math....although not with his chess! He introduced himself as a Russian Grandmaster. We talked about chess teaching philosophies a little and he mentioned he ran a summer camp nearby...

I'll try to check in a few more times this week.

No comments: