Friday, June 17, 2011

Void Filled


I just snagged a 60 lb kettlebell. At $50 and a bit of an antique it wasn't as good of a deal as that last one...

But still it plugged the gap.

Now altogether I have 30, 45, 60, and 88 pound kettlebells.

Surprisingly, when I first picked this up from the dude's garage it felt light. But it's definitely 60 pounds because I threw it on his scale. I've gotten a whole lot stronger since starting with these weights in late December - and all with very little time and effort invested. So again I'd encourage anyone who has never messed with weights to at least give it a shot.

Currently I'm on the Craigslist prowl for a weight bench and some weights. I've never bench pressed in my life and am looking forward to giving it a shot.

Individual results may vary...

Other kettlebell posts:

Book Summary - The 4-Hour Body

Kettlebell Chronicles - Pavel

Kettlebell Score

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck? That works out to less than $1 per pound!
Please keep us posted on how this works out for you.

CaptiousNut said...

One thing I've learned is that I can't do these everyday. I haven't gotten hurt yet but the books all advise against it, I can feel my body start to ache, and kettlebells really tear up the hands.

Ferriss says to do twice a week but that's not enough for me. I think 4 days of swings weekly is might be ideal.