Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More On #1 Chinawoman - Amy Chua


Surely y'all remember that AMERICAN woman of Chinese ancestry - Amy Chua - and her unblinking racism?

See my first post here and my more entertaining follow-up here.

Anyways the woman's embarrassment(?) has been most likely mitigated by all the books she's sold via her notoriety.

That homeschool-friendly psychologist Peter Gray held his nose, bought her book, and reviewed it if for no purpose other than to prevent others from buy it.

Read - Amy Chua Is A Circus Trainer, Not A Tiger Mother.

Is it wrong to root for Ms. Chua's daughters to read all the people, GLOBALLY, that think her mother a POS?

Perhaps.

It reminds me, to an extent, of that POS woman I blogged on 5 years ago:

Consider the case of author/journalist Amy Richards.

She got pregnant (out of wedlock), a sonogram revealed triplets, and she disgustingly revealed her fears,

"I’d have to give up my life," Richards thought after getting the bad news. “[N]ow I’m going to have to move to Staten Island. I’ll never leave my house because I’ll have to care for these children. I’ll have to start shopping only at Costco [a wholesale club] and buying big jars of mayonnaise.”

What did Amy do? She aborted two of the fetuses.

Now it was bad enough that she did what she did and for the reasons she gave, but it is worse than that. Shouldn't she have at least has the shame to keep quiet about it? No, instead proudly publicized her deed in the New York Times Magazine.

Is it wrong to wonder who is better off, the aborted babies or the one that gets to be raised by such an a**hole? It probably is.

One day that kid will google her mom, "Amy Richards", and will learn probably more than they want to know about the circumstances of their birth. Perhaps they will even be directed to this blog.

No comments: