Thursday, April 28, 2011

Do As I Say, Not As I Did



"It was a hard decision and I know my parents had their concerns. And while I would never encourage anyone to drop out of school, for me, it turned out to be the right choice."

Yeah, the richest man in the world and one of the most successful entrepreneurs EVER did actually drop out of Harvard - in case y'all didn't know.

But now he has the balls to stand up in front of children the world over and tell them that THEY should stay in these juvenile mind prisons.

Next we'll be hearing politicians tell us that WE need a one-payer healthcare system while they get to keep their own separate fancy health plan.

And then we'll be hearing other regnant elitists and pols tell us that WE need to shrink our carbon footprint....while they jet-set and motorcade all over the globe to and from their 15,000 square foot mansions.

It'd be one thing if Bill Gates stood up in front of these kids and said, "This is how I messed up....don't do what I did."

But what he's really saying is, "Don't YOU take the path that led to all my success."

No. He'd rather you stay in school, forget about your wild dreams and passions, learn to *follow orders* and *respect hierarchies* and hopefully you'll become qualified to work at a big corporation like his one day.

Just imagine how SCREWED the largest tech companies out there would be if say the most promising 200,000 students dropped out of school and started tinkering as Gates did way back when!

No comments: