Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Website Building Chronicles 6 - Outsourcing


Alright I just posted my first *job* on some outsourcing website.

Candidates will help me make up some math worksheets, for starters.  I listed the job at $3.50 per hour and got 9 applications right off the bat.

I haven't had a chance to see who responded yet but really, what is my risk to even hire all of them on a trial basis?  A couple hundred bucks???

Of course Tim Ferriss and all the upstarts making coin on the web have been extolling *outsourcing* for a few years now.

I just did give it a whirl because recently I heard about guys paying $2-$3 an hour for *great workers* from the Philippines.

I'll let y'all know how it goes, of course. See also:

Website Building Chronicles 1 - For Morons

Website Building Chronicles 2 - Eben Pagan Selling Me On Change

Website Building Chronicles 3 - The Sales Letter

Website Building Chronicles 4 - Facebook

Website Building Chronicles - 5 - Wasting Time?

2 comments:

Justin Time said...

Slave labor?

CaptiousNut said...

It's not really *slave labor*.

20 years ago...that is what teenagers used to work (in Massachusetts).

And it's not ridiculous to say that these countries are only a couple decades behind, prosperity-wise.

I hired one guy for $3.33. But he hasn't started the work yet!