Friday, June 10, 2011

Have To Pull For The Mavs...


The Dallas Mavericks won last night, taking a 3-2 lead in the NBA Finals heading back to Miami.

Last week, at Alfe's in Wildwood, NJ I was dining with my golf jabronis. Nobody there thought Dallas had a chance in the series - except for moi. In fact they looked at me like I was crazy when I said that Dallas would win in 6 games. (The series was tied 1-1 at the time.)

Whatever, it's not over by any stretch.

But I'm sure as heck rooting for Dallas - a pretty respectable bunch for the NBA in 2011. Yeah Jason Kidd smacked his wife around, allegedly, ten years ago....but who knows how crazed she (or he) really is?

I just don't see how anyone with an ounce of sportsmanship could root for Lebron. What he did last year was an outright act of anti-competitive collusion.

In fact, I'm surprised Congress didn't start investigating!

Mark Cuban, despite being an intellectually incontinent buffoon, is also a most deserving guy, IMO.

I've written a handful of posts on Cuban - start here - at the end of that post is a link to most of them. I even enjoyed reading them myself just now.

No comments: