Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shaking It Up


Tim Ferriss got me on that early morning, high protein diet. Mostly I've been doing 3 eggs and a pile of refried beans. Recall he asserts that you need 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking to jump-start your metabolic processes - that is if you want to shed fat and build muscle.

But after 6 months of this diet I'm really SICK OF EGGS.

For now I'm going with the protein shakes for a little while.

I need figure out if it's more efficient (time & money!) to buy the pre-mixed liquid ones or the powder and make my own...

The pre-mixed liquid shakes are close to $2 each and they advertise *25 grams* of protein. So I'll be supplementing with a small bowl of beans.

I've been told by many people that the protein shakes will make me *fart my brains out*. But so far my firepower hasn't changed a bit...

See also - 4-Hour Body Chronicles - Shrinkage?.

No comments: