Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Knocking Untried Stuff


I can't tell y'all how many times I've criticized Sergio Garcia's pronounced knee bend. You can't see it that well in this pic but it's the best I could find. The frustrated (most top-5s without a major?) Spaniard really bends his knees at address - probably more than any pro that I can think of off the top of my head.

But guess what - today I tried hitting balls with a severe, Sergio-like knee bend and I enjoyed fantastic results. And now I feel like a total Moron for deprecating Garcia's idiosyncrasy without trying it first!

As I get older, wiser, and a tad better at golf I'm realizing that the key to improvement in golf is probably more prolific *experimentation* than it is prolific *ball beating*.

Note I'm going to continue my *golf* posts in this space from now on. That other blog has been put out to pasture for the meantime.

No comments: