Monday, June 27, 2011

My Crazy Parents - 6 - More Trash Mismanagement

Behold my parents' fireplace:


That's great that they burn their lottery ticket stubs and junk mail - and it's oh so *green*. What terrific stewards of Father Earth they are!

Except that it's mid-June and living in Massachusetts they won't use the fireplace (for fire!) for another six months.

Ain't nothing like you and your guests staring at RUBBISH in the hearth all day long, every day...for six months!

My crazy parents, they're always thinking...

See also:

My Crazy Parents - 5 - Our Lady Of Blessed Vindictiveness

My Crazy Parents - 4 - The Cluttered Fridge

My Crazy Parents - 3 - Russian Gangsters

My Crazy Parents - 2 - Bend Over

My Crazy Parents - 1 - Tiny Pics

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best is yet to come. At some point you may notice that you are mimicking their behavior and not always the smart choices!

CaptiousNut said...

Anon,

We've past that point some time ago.

I use the same ridiculous lines when I yell at my kids that I was subjected to, e.g. "You'll find yourself in your room!"

Like my father, I clang dishes in the wee hours of the morning while everyone is sleeping.

I wander around the house all night investigating noises and whatnot.

And I've become sort of a napper like my father as well. Though I haven't started dozing off in church and at the dinner table just yet!