Friday, January 09, 2009

The Miracle Of Birth



My buddy down here in Naples is, along with his wife(!), having his fourth child.

They just went to see it in "4D" which is described as "3D in motion".

For $150 they did so at the practice of a *retired doctor*. I don't have or remember the full story but supposedly this particular physician couldn't take watching couples opt for abortions after the sonograms revealed developmental deformities. The slight ones really ticked her off, e.g a missing finger. Again, I admit I know very little about what I am talking about here - but the above video is marvelous.

[I guess the gist is that the doctor is no longer in *diagnosis*.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did the 4D ultrasound for our first-it was pretty amazing. Went to the upper east side and paid cash (something between $200 and $400 if I remember) for the pleasure. They make you a DVD and set it to music. It was pretty neat. They also advise that Mom drink some sugary drink about 1/2 hour before the visit to get the baby moving. It worked. Wasteful, but fun and enjoyable.

Slow out

CaptiousNut said...

I was against finding out stuff like the gender.

8 out of 10 moms who *hate surprises* get penalized with daughters - in my experience.

We didn't find out with the first and got a boy.

My wife, ON HER OWN, found out with the second and we got our princess.