Monday, April 27, 2009

Boston Globe - A New Nadir



It may have happened to me before SOMEWHERE on the web, SOMETIME in the past 4 years of my very active (and feisty!) blogging career, but right now I simply can't remember an instance. Today the Boston Globe *censored* my pretty darn innocent comments on a stupid article - that probably no one even read - on McMansions.

Mostly, my comments were on-topic. The one thing I said that may have been deemed *defamatory* as per their *comments policy* was this:

This article is propagandistic bunk. When was the last time the Globe gave a platform to a born-again Christian? To a homeschooling parent? Or to a libertarian?

What diversity?

They can't even stomach that?

The other possibility is that something they found on my blog may have flagged me for muzzling.

I can't blame them. Even though I've seen scores of far more *defamatory* comments under their articles, if I were them, I'd CENSOR me as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you are getting censored by a liberal rag like the globe. I am getting censored by a so called "conservative" rag like the union leader. Political correct thinking has infiltrated all aspects of American life.
Kfell

Anonymous said...

Ha, the first article, opinion, whatever looks like my sister wrote it.

Slow out

CaptiousNut said...

But Kfell,

I AM A TRUE LIBERAL!

Anonymous said...

Will they let you post this piece on the cap and trade issue? Long but good...

http://www.city-journal.org/2009/19_2_carbon.html

Kfell

CaptiousNut said...

Ah, Kfell,

I can't read that. Too long. It's 90...I'm going to the beach.