Thursday, April 23, 2009

Driving Thru



So today I pulled into the drive-thru at McDonalds. Usually I just order two Happy Meals which my kids barely touch but today I was desperate and ordered a salad, chicken sandwich, and iced tea for myself.

The bags I was handed seemed light so I inquired, "Do you have everything in here?" - and she responded in the affirmative.

Experienced in these matters, I pulled over in the parking lot and did a purchase inventory. They had completely forgotten my salad. So I went in, elbowed my way through the lunchtime line and asked for my salad. A minute later I got it and then went over to the condiment bar to scrounge for a fork which I couldn't find. Back at the counter, I had to wait some more until they handed me some utensils.

CaptiousNut - Is the dressing in here?

McDonaldsPerson - Yes. Definitely, it's under the salad.

So I went back to the car, and just for good measure I emptied out the bag. There was no dressing anywhere to be found and thus I had to barge back inside and up to the counter again (and wait another minute). Would any of y'all eat a dry salad?

I wasn't really that upset as I'm not one of those people - you know, the type that think bottom-barrel prices can be delivered with top-line service. Plus, as my original pullover implied, I've encountered this *drive-thru* issue before.

Heck I've almost seen fisticuffs in the backseat when I was a teenager in a car-full of teenagers, after McDonalds left us short a few sandwiches.

And more recently, I've endured the agony of driving a mile away from the drive-thru short one Happy Meal toy. Bear in mind, that's the ONLY REASON we go there!

The drive thru experience was sufficiently captured by Joe Pesci eleven years ago in Lethal Weapon 4. Caution - adult language.



I always wondered how Mel Gibson and Danny Glover got along off the set. One's a total moonbat and the other a total wingnut.

Joe Pesci's line at 7:12 in that clip may be one of the all-time funniest in Hollywood history.

No comments: