Monday, April 27, 2009

I've Broken Through!



I've just received word that someone we know is going to name their son after me!

Well, I'm not 100% sure that I was the inspiration, but they do know me and they are still going with my baptized name for their newborn. And that's the first instance out of many, many possibilities.

My original name is very common; it's biblical for crying out loud. Yet, I must have ruined the name in the minds of everyone I've come into contact with because I wasn't even getting *middle name* consideration.

How many baby names did you and your spouse irrationally cross-off because of an insufferable acquaintance?

Now just think, how many others have utilized your own name. Count'em up and ponder the likelihood that you may have done unto others what you have done to them!

Meanwhile, there's probably a whole preschool army out there of Kobe's, Lebron's, and Wentworth's.

No comments: